Carrot Mint and Ginger Soup - Instant Pot
Paleo, AIP, GAPS, SCD and Low FODMAP Friendly
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 6 cups chopped carrots
- 1.5 – 2 cups bone broth or meat stock (I prefer mine a little thick, so I usually use about 1.25 cups)
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk (Thrive Market, Natural Value and Native Forrest Simple are just coconut & water, no guar gum)
- 1.5 TBSP chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tsp dried mint or you could use 3 tsp fresh chopped mint
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- Place all ingredients in the Instant Pot.
- Secure lid and make sure the valve is pushed back to “sealing”.
- Press “Manual” or “Pressure” button, and set to 12 minutes.
- When IP beeps, the cooking is complete and press “Off” button.
- Carefully, do a quick release and carefully, open the lid.
- Puree with an immersion blender or you could also transfer to a blender/vitamix to blend/puree.
- Add additional sea salt upon serving, to taste.
- Top with bacon
- Add plantain chips
- Stir in collagen peptides
- Add avocado on top (not for low-FODMAP)
Tastes great hot or cold as leftovers!