Slow Cooker Nutty Chicken Stew
- 2 lbs. chicken pieces (can be thighs, drumsticks, halves, breasts, etc.)
- Root veggies (carrots, rutabagas, turnips, radishes), peeled, and cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 – 2 onions, chopped
- 4 TBSP coconut aminos
- 2 TBSP almond butter or any nut butter
- 1 TBSP pure raw honey
- 2 TBSP vinegar (coconut vinegar or white wine vinegar)
- 3 cloves garlic (optional)
- 1 tsp sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chopped chicken or chicken pieces in the slow cooker.
- Add the root veggies.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat for 4 to 6 hours until the chicken is cooked through.